Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Update Alert

Hello reader friends! With only a little over two months before the end of the year, I wanted to pop in for a moment and share a brief update.

Five book reviews made it from unfinished draft to published since the beginning of the year. Even though the number is much lower than I'd like, it's much higher than last year's. Progress, slow and steady, but progress nonetheless.

Back in April, I participated in Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-thon and Dewey's 24-Hour Reverse Read-a-thon in August. Between the two, I completed one book and half of another, for a total of 612 pages. I haven't decided yet whether or not I'm going to sign-up for the Fall R.A.T. this upcoming Saturday. Other than read-a-thon, I committed to two challenges this year, the Mount TBR Challenge and Goodreads Reading Challenge. For the Mount TBR Challenge, I chose the Pike's Peak option to read twelve books. Of the twelve, I've completed four thus  far: Daughters of the Stone, Dumplin', Lies We Tell Ourselves, and Miles Morales: Spiderman. My Goodreads reading goal was 30 books which I completed close to the end of September. Since there are a couple of months to go, I bumped it up to 45 books. Now, let's see if I'll achieve my new goal. 😊 I've read a few good books this year and one, What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon, definitely left me with a hangover; but for the most part, it's been meh. Hoping to close 2019 with some great reads. 

How's your reading going? Has it been filled with more remarkable or more mediocre books?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please share your thoughts with me.