Saturday, April 6, 2019

It's Dewey's Read-a-thon Day!

Bring on the books, snacks, and hours of reading! 

First selection: 

Update #1
10:00 a.m.- I finally settled down to read at 8:20 a.m. I'm 47 pages in. If I stop rereading sentences I like, I would be much further.

Update #2
1:16 p.m. - I'm stopping on p. 132 to ready myself for an engagement I agreed to before signing up for read-a-thon.

Update #3  (4/7/19)
6:28 a.m. - After returning home from my engagement yesterday, I picked back up at 4:30 p.m. Due to not sleeping well three nights in a row, I called it a night at 7:30 p.m. Now I'm fully rested and ready to finish the last 1.5 hours strong.

Update #4 (4/7/19)
8:01 a.m. - I ended the read-a-thon on p. 235.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Read-a-thon Wrap-up (4/8/19)

Another Dewey's Read-a-thon has come and gone. Out of the twelve books in my reading pile, my attention was directed to only one of them, What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon. Even though I didn't finish the book during the read-a-thon, I count this read-a-thon as a success. I may not have completed the book during the allotted 24-hours, but I did finish it and have knocked off another book in reaching my goal for the 2019 Goodreads Reading Challenge. I was more social in the Dewey's GR group than in past years. In addition, I found a new challenge to join to help me whittle down the books I need to read on my shelves. 

Total pages read = 235

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please share your thoughts with me.