Thursday, April 12, 2018

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-A-Thon Spring 2018

April was fast approaching and I knew a notice would be hitting my inbox any day. While I awaited the official notice, back and forth, back and forth, the pendulum swung as I decided whether or not to participate in read-a-thon this spring. My hand clutched the swaying pendulum stopping it on "no" in part stemming from the drastic change my life has undergone in the last four months. Adaping not just to motherhood, but motherhood of a sixteen, now seventeen-year old, having someone with me all of the time, being responsible for someone other than myself, changing job responsibilities, appointments, errands, and all of the running around has been a challenge. Keyword: balance. The balance I have yet to master.

As all avid readers know, reading droughts are inclusive in the circle of a well-nourished reading life. Though, I'm not in a reading rut per se, my mind is now crowded with things that once weren't there, which is causing a paralysis in choosing a book to read from the stacks upon stacks of books I need and want to read. To cure this affliction, I've reversed my decision and am participating in read-a-thon. Variety is the spice of life; however, my reading pile will consist of two booksSalvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward,one of the Diverse Books Club monthly selections, and an audiobook on mediation that I began a couple of months ago. Even though I will not be reading for the complete 24-hours, I believe my reading pile is doable. 

Head on over to Dewey's 24-Hour Read-A-Thon website, if you would like to sign-up. Hope you will join me and readers all over the world on Saturday, April 28! 



Peace, Love, & Blessings,

Written Melodies

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please share your thoughts with me.