Saturday, April 29, 2017

It's Read-A-Thon Time!

It's April and April means Dewey's 24-Hour Read-A-Thon! 



Dewey's 24-Hour Read-A-Thon is a bi-annual event and is held in April and October. I participated in my first RaT last April and I'm so excited to be doing it again this year. I will be updating this post throughout the day with my reading progress. 

Today's Reading Pile:


First book of the day: 
Over and Under the Pond by Kate Messner
Off to my book pile!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update #1
Hour 1: Over and Under the Pond by Kate Messner; Illustrated by Christopher Silas Neal (pp. 48)

Over and Under the Pond is a lovely picture book about pond ecosystems. The blue, green, and brown color variations of the illustrations perfectly depict water life and its inhabitants. At the close of the book, Messner includes a glossary of all animals mentioned in the story and an Author's Note.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update #2
Hour 6: Anansi and Turtle Go to Dinner (pp. 32); 
Hour 14: Anansi and the Pot of Beans (pp. 32); Anansi and the Sky Kingdom (pp. 32); Anansi and the Tug O' War (pp. 32); and Anansi Goes to Lunch (pp. 32).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update #3
Hour 24: Read the first three stories in Ancient  & Epic Tales: From Around the World by Heather Forest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please share your thoughts with me.