Saturday, April 23, 2016

24-Hours of Non-Stop Reading

Guys and gals, the time has come. Read-A Thon is finally here! Woohoo! 
Although I wanted to throw all 1,480 books on my TBR list in my reading pile, I narrowed it down to fifteen, consisting of mostly middle grade and young adult novels. Just in case my eyes grow weary, there's an audiobook on standby. My goal is to complete three books and at least one chapter of the professional development book, Diagnosis and Improvement in Reading Instruction



Opening Meme
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I'm reading from the beautiful state of Georgia. 

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I'm most looking forward to Forbidden and Spark.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

I'm most looking forward to snacking on some Green Pea Crisps.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
My name is Stephanie and I absolutely love books. I started a literacy organization for           youth. My books are rapidly taking over my apartment. Historical Fiction is my favorite           genre. 

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do
different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most         looking forward to?
This is my first read-a-thon and I'm most looking forward to catching up on my reading and joining in with hundreds of people around the world with one common love, books. 

A quick inventory of needed items for the next 24-hours:
√  Snacks
√  Meals
Liquids (water & hot tea)
  Kindle @ 100%
 Laptop @ 100%
 Post-it Notes
 Reading Pile
 Notebook & pen
 Phone in silent mode
√ Twitter

Be sure to check back as I will be posting progress updates as well as any 
mini-challenges I undertake. I'll also be posting on Twitter, @writtenmelody_s, if you want to follow me.

First book up, The Color of My Words. Off to my reading spot.

Happy reading fellow read-a-thoners!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please share your thoughts with me.