Monday, July 29, 2013

My First Book Display

I'm so excited to share with you all my first ever book display. Although I don't work with the Children's Ministry, I volunteered to help promote FernGully: The Last Rainforest, the choice for Family Movie Night. I thought a book display would be a great way to garner attention for the event, as well as learn about the rainforest. Initially, I had planned to create a mini rainforest between the inner and outer doors of the preschool; however, it didn't pan out. So, I opted for a foliage-covered table instead.  I didn't realize until after I completed the display that I should have covered the table with brown paper. Oh well, there's always next time.



**Update**
 

As stated earlier, I didn't realize I forgot to cover the table with brown paper. Lucky for me, on the day of the movie showing, the display was moved from the preschool to the gym, so I was able to revamp it with help from a crafty student mom.

 

 
Books displayed:
Mysteries of the Rain Forest--Reader's Digest 
Gone Wild: An Endangered Animal Alphabet--David McLimans
The Great Kapok Tree: A Tale of the Amazon Rain Forest--Lynne Cherry
Over in the Jungle: A Rain Forest Rhyme--Marianne Berkes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please share your thoughts with me.