Saturday, April 24, 2021

Read-A-Thon Spring 2021!

Hello friends! It's been awhile, but I'm so excited to be back on the blog. What better time to get re-acquainted than for Dewey's 24-Hour Read-A-Thon. It's been over a year since I've last participated in RaT. I'm so happy to be in a better mind frame this year, than I was this time last year. I have some major reading I need to get done. I'll be posting updates on this post throughout the day. Happy reading to me! 😁 

Reading stack on deck! 


Bringing Down A President: The Watergate Scandal - Andrea Balis, Elizabeth Levy 
Grown - Tiffany D. Jackson
The Vast Wonder of the World: Biologist Earnest Everett Just - Melina Mangal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hour 1: 8:29 a.m. - Began the first book of the day, Bringing Down A President: The Watergate Scandal.


Hour 3
: 10:29 a.m. - After several starts, stops, and pauses to check-in with fellow readathoners on social media, shower, and return items to the library, I'm placing Bringing Down A President on hold. Pages read = 25 

Hour 12: 7:58 p.m. - I've been reading off and on throughout the day, as well as, popping in the social media groups. I've been listening to the audiobook of I Am Malala while following along in the paperback.  Pages read = 114


Hour 23: 4/25/21-6:39 a.m. - Began The Vast Wonder of the World: Biologist Earnest Everett Just

Hour 24: 4/25/21-7:13 a.m. - Completed The Vast Wonder. I'm looking forward to learning more about Dr. Earnest Just. I plan to read a few of the books listed on the sources page. Pages read: 40

Next up: The Oldest Student: How Mary Walker Learned to Read.


Hour 24
: 4/25/21-7:32 a.m. - Completed The Oldest Student
Pages read = 40 

Hour 24: 4/25/21-7:34 a.m. - Resumed on p. 115 of I Am Malala. It's now 8:00 a.m. and readathon has ended. Stopped on p. 127. Pages read = 12

Total Pages Read = 231

Until next time! ✌

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please share your thoughts with me.