Thursday, August 18, 2016

Checking In

Hey guys and gals, it's been awhile and I've missed you all! Well, summer vacation has come and gone in my little corner of Georgia. By now, I thought I would be well over half past my reading goal of sixty books; however, I've just been toddling along. My fellow reading pals, might declare me in a midst of a reading slump, but it is not so. In a way, my summer reading has matched the Georgia weather—dry and hot. Most of my reading has been in spurts, like the five-minute rain showers that we've had all summer. These teasing bursts of precipitation turned up the humidity and the heat, but failed to drop enough water to quench the thirst of the parched ground, which is kind of how I've felt about my reading life this summer. I say hot because each of the six books I've read have impacted me, a few more than others, but each one made me think, remember, reflect, and feel. From one of my reads, I learned of an obscure folk artist whose work graces the Smithsonian Institute. In another, I annotated almost half of the book due to its relevancy to my present circumstances and the current social climate. And yet, another is nudging me toward more fantasy novels. So, that's the long and short of it or rather the hot and dry of it. :-)

By the way, this past weekend, I had the pleasure of interviewing debut Author Kisha Mitchell at the Official Book Release Party of Brown Girl, Brown Girl, What Do You See?. This was my first author interview and I cannot wait to share it with you all! 

How did you make out this summer? Did you read all that you had planned? I would love to know what books made your summer reading list. Please share in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please share your thoughts with me.